Hi Sew lover,
Okay so as part of our yearly contribution to the society, we TheQEffectz team will be storming the streets of Abuja from Saturday November 10th, 2018 to Sunday November 25th, 2018(Saturdays and Sundays only) for our 6-day Fashion Designing Workshop or as I like to call it, #Sewingonthestreets.
So if you are in Abuja and you are looking to learn how to sew as a beginner and make bags or to improve your sew business for absolutely free, this workshop is where you want to be.
The Workshop is actually a rip-off of our E-training program where we teach people how to sew but in a more elaborate scale. Our Online training is strictly via Syllabus. Each class is governed by its own syllabus which contains topics relevant to each stage of learning(see here to learn more). But because we will not be able to cover all the topics in 6 days, we will be looking at the basics and also be discussing on ways to improve our businesses.
At this workshop will be yours truly of course, and some other sew business owners who will be coming to sharing their real life experiences with us. I’m sure we will be able to learn one or two things from them.
Objectives of this workshop
- To provide physical training on sewing and designing fundamentals
- To provide an on the spot learning experience for beginners, intermediates as well as professionals and prospective sew enthusiasts
- To build passion of sewing for young minds venturing into entrepreneurship businesses
- To teach and expose how to manage sewing business and building good financial plans for sewists.
- The participants will get the opportunity to learn a new skill or fine tune their existing sewing skills
- The participants will be able to kick start his or her career in sewing through this workshop
- The participants will become aware of the financial benefits of venturing into fashion designing
- Through the interactive sessions via the workshop, participants will be able to learn from experienced sewists and learn more about real life fashion designing situation that they utilize in their work life
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to participants.
Outline of the Workshop
- Pattern-drafting: Basic blocks( bodice, trousers and skirt)
- Sewing: Fundamentals-Basic sewing projects
- Bags: Purses, shopping bags.
- Sew Business & Entrepreneurship: Setting up a sew business, funding, how to manage a sew business
Timetable will be distributed on the first day.
Venue of the Workshop
Guardian Angel Police Chapel, Along Airport road, Police Signboard, Lugbe FHA, Abuja
Date & Time
Saturday November 10th 2018- Sunday November 25th, 2018 (Saturdays and Sundays only).
Requirements for Participation
- Workshop is free
- Participants must be between the age of 12-50 years old
- Participants must speak and understand English
- Pariticipants must come with the following
– 6 yards of ankara fabric
-Threads(white and black) and hand needles
-Rulers( Straight, square and french curves)
-Pencil, Pen and markers
-Pattern or brown papers
- Participants are required to be punctual
So that’s it basically. I promise you, it’s going to be fun. See you there!
LOOKING FOR PRIVATE LESSONS ON HOW TO CUT AND SEW CLOTHES, CONTACT US NOW! WE ALSO OFFER PRIVATE CLASSES.
Currently Available for both local and international customers for download are:
- How to make an Ankara Blazer jacket with flap welt pockets
- How to keep records as Fashion Designer/ Tailor/ Sewist
- Cutting breast padded bodice using the various methods of princess seam
- All sleeves tutorial and how to cut the perfect armhole
- How to make a wrap blouse with wide sleeves
- How to make a Breast padded six pieces blouse
- How to make a Male trousers pattern
- How to make a shawl collar peplum jacket pattern
- How to make a mini six pieces dress
- How to make a female pencil trousers/pants
- How to make a lace embroidered blouse(with side peplum)
International customers are advised to visit here to learn how to pay for our products in their country’s local currency.
Also see: How to place an order
Also see: How to shop
Also see: How to download tutorials
Also see: How to pay
To get new updates, post and ridiculous freebies/gifts delivered to your mailbox, please enter your email address in the box below to subscribe. Subscription is free!
PHONE NUMBER: 08030971467