Hi sew lover
Welcome to this week’s free tutorial- How to sew agbada for men and women. This tutorial was actually one of the topics taught in TheQEffectz Advanced class.
What is Agbada?
Agbada is a four-piece male attire found among the Yoruba of southwestern Nigeria and the Republic of Benin, West Africa. It consists of a large, free-flowing outer robe (awosoke), an undervest (awotele), a pair of long trousers (sokoto), and a hat (fìla). The outer robe-from which the entire outfit derives the name agbada, meaning “voluminous attire”-is a big, loose-fitting, ankle-length garment. It has three sections: a rectangular centerpiece, flanked by wide sleeves. The centerpiece-usually covered front and back with elaborate embroidery-has a neck hole (orun) and big pocket (apo) on the left side. To learn more about Agbada, please click here
The outer robe is what I am going to be teaching you today. While the tutorial contains both free-hand cutting( you can see here to learn how to make the pattern) and also how to sew the outer robe, see here to learn more about the inner garments- Buba and Sokoto. And also, join TheQEffectz Advanced Class next session to learn how to make them from scratch to finish.
To register in advance, please click here
So with all that out of the well, here is the tutorial
Feel free to leave any questions you have on the comment box.
LOOKING FOR PRIVATE LESSONS ON HOW TO CUT AND SEW CLOTHES, CONTACT US NOW! WE ALSO OFFER PRIVATE CLASSES.
Currently Available for both local and international customers for download are:
- How to make an Ankara Blazer jacket with flap welt pockets
- How to keep records as Fashion Designer/ Tailor/ Sewist
- Cutting breast padded bodice using the various methods of princess seam
- All sleeves tutorial and how to cut the perfect armhole
- How to make a wrap blouse with wide sleeves
- How to make a Breast padded six pieces blouse
- How to make a Male trousers pattern
- How to make a shawl collar peplum jacket pattern
- How to make a mini six pieces dress
- How to make a female pencil trousers/pants
- How to make a lace embroidered blouse(with side peplum)
International customers are advised to visit here to learn how to pay for our products in their country’s local currency.
Also see: How to place an order
Also see: How to shop
Also see: How to download tutorials
Also see: How to pay
To get new updates, post and ridiculous freebies/gifts delivered to your mailbox, please enter your email address in the box below to subscribe. Subscription is free!
PHONE NUMBER: 08030971467