“Why bother making a Leather pouch when you can get one for as low as $15, i.e N5,000-N6,000 in a Phone Accessory Shop?”
As a blogger, I move around alot with my tablet so I can stay close to you guys whenever you need me. So having a new pouch that could house both my tablet and keyboard was very necessary.
1.Piece of Leather: This should be 2 x longer and wider than the keyboard. So I used 14.5″ wide X 11″ long pieces of leather.
2. Ankara Fabric: We will need three pieces of ankara fabric. One will serve as the lining of the pouch, thus must be the same length and width of the Piece of leather(14.5″ wide X 11″ long ). The second will serve as the front design of the pouch( 14.5 wide X 5″ long pieces). And then the third will serve as the Pouch handle- 6″ wide X 15 inches long.
3. Interface/Gumstay: To make the pouch thick, you’ll need an interface/gumstay, which should be the same length and width of the leather or ankara fabric.
4. Pieces of Carton: This is to serve as the pouch stand. You will need 5″ Wide X 14″ long.
5. Non-synthetic Snaps: You’ll need about 12 inches long of it.
6. Transparent Binding cover: this should the size of your tablet/ipad plus 2 inches. The size of my tablet is 10.5″ wide X 6inches long, so when you add two inches to both sides, you’ll have 12.5″ wide X 8 inches long
7. Glue: You’ll need glue. I used my top bond for shoes.
9. Measuring tape and ruler
10. Pen, pencil/marker
11. Matching thread and Hand needle
12. Sewing machine
Next, I opened it, making sure my seam allowance is positioned at the middle. Then, I pinned both sides of the Ankara piece to the middle of my leather, like this:
Next, I stitched both sides of the piece to the leather. When done, it looked like this:
2. Making the pouch: To make the pouch, lay your pouch pieces together in this order:
- Ankara fabric(which is serve as the linning of the pouch)-wrong side up.
- Leather piece- Right side up.
- Interface/gumstay-Glue side(shinning side) should face up as well.
4. Attaching the Transparent binding cover: You know all those transparent binding cover used to bind books, Take out one of them and cut it the size of your tablet/Ipad but add two inches to the length and width. The size of my tablet as explained in our requirements is 10.5 wide X 6″ long . So add 2 inches to those width and length. My transparent binding cover was 12.5″ wide and 8″ long.
6. Attaching the pouch stand. Every pouch has a ‘stand’ that helps hold the pouch when it is opened. So to make a pouch stand, take out your Ankara pieces and cut out 6″ wide X 15.5″ long piece of fabric. Also cut out a piece of carton,same size.
Fold your carton paper into equal halves and place it inside the stand pouch, like this:
“Get to a point in your relationship with God where being away from Him, His words and His Presence frightens you”- SincerelyQ
To get new updates, post and ridiculous freebies/gifts delivered to your mailbox, please enter your email address in the box below to subscribe. Subscription is free!
PHONE NUMBER: 08030971467
If you found this post to be insightful, kindly share using any of the social media icons below