Remember you too can place a request for any tutorial you wish to see by simply making a request here. However please do note that only members of TheQEffectz can have their requests granted. So if you are yet to be one of us, simply click here to subscribe. Also do note that only requests relating to male outfits will be treated for now.
Now to today’s treat.
What is a Male Trousers or pants?
- Waist: Place your measuring tape round your client’s waist (an inch below the belly button). Using me as your male client, my waist circumference is 31 inches.
- Hip: Place your measuring tape round your client’s hips. If I was your male client, my hip circumference will be 40 inches.
- Thighs: Place your measuring tape round one of your client’s thighs. If I was your male client, my thigh circumference will be 25 inches.
- Knee: Place your measuring tape ‘loosely’ around your client’s knees. This is important because you wouldn’t want the trousers to be too tight around your client’s knees. Otherwise, this will inhibit his movements and could cause sudden tight or wear of the trousers. If I was your client, the circumference of my knee will be 18.5 inches.
- Half length: Place your measuring tape at the side of your client’s waist and measure the distance between the waist and ankle. If I was your client, my half-length will be 40 inches.
- Crotch: To get the crotch length of your client, place the measuring tape from the back of the waist, through the torso to the front. This is also known as measuring the Rise(See figure above.3. Pen/pencil/marker/ and Eraser.
Making Pencil trousers pattern (for clients) will be divided into the following steps: (1) Making the front pieces (2) Making the back pieces (3) Inserting pleat/darts.
(1) Making the front pieces: This segment will be divided into (a) making the front pieces pattern (b) Adding fly
a) Making the front pieces pattern: To make the front pieces pattern of the trousers pattern for a client. Kindly follow the steps below:
Step 2: At the bottom, line CD, Measure 2.5 inches for foldings or for cuffs and mark.
Step 3: Then measure your client’s half-length from line C1D1 and mark. As earlier mentioned, using me as your male client, my half length is 40 inches.
“Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah”- Psalms 24: 9-10