- How to make an Ankara Blazer jacket with flap welt pockets
- How to keep records as Fashion Designer/ Tailor/ Sewist
- Cutting breast padded bodice using the various methods of princess seam
- All sleeves tutorial and how to cut the perfect armhole
- How to make a wrap blouse with wide sleeves
- How to make a Breast padded six pieces blouse
- How to make a Male trousers pattern
- How to make a shawl collar peplum jacket pattern
- How to make a mini six pieces dress
- How to make a female pencil trousers/pants
- How to make a lace embroidered blouse(with side peplum)
Also see: How to place an order
Also see: How to shop
Also see: How to download tutorials
Also see: How to pay
What is a Base-ball cap?
There are however various variation of a Baseball cap based on the purposed of use. The most common variation however is the “Trucker” or “Gimme” cap. This is made of soft wool but stiffened at the front with “Buckram” to display whatever logo made in front.
- The Baseball (Trucker) cap Pattern: If you are a beginner, I’ll insist you purchase the pattern-tutorial from our shop, here).
- Fabric of choice: Your fabric of choice should be about half a yard.
- Net: Most trucker baseball caps require thick nets to be placed as panels at the sides and back. Your net should also be about half a yard.
- Velcro a.k.a Magic gum(optional): To make an adjuster at the back of your cap, you’ll need a velcro fastener or what is known in Nigeria as Magic gum.
- Interfacing: If you do not have stiff plastic,interfacing would have to suffice.
- Tailor chalk and ball pins.
- 20/120 size sewing machine needle: This is important because the weight of the brim and front panel after being attached to a stiff plastic or interfacing might too much for an ordinary sized needle to handle. Using ordinary sewing machine needle will result to stitch breakage.
- Measuring tape and scissors.
- Sewing machine.
- Pressing iron.
1. Cutting the Baseball cap pattern on your Fabric of choice and on the net: Place the patterns on fabric and cut them out (see how to make a baseball cap pattern.).
3. Making the front dart: The front panel of a trucker baseball cap has a dart insertion at the top. So to insert a dart, fold your front panel into equal halves with both the interfacing and a covering underneath it. Then stitch the dart insertion together as shown in the photo below.
This will serve as a bias for your brim.
Then place the side of the brim you prefer as the back on top the front panel, ends over each other. Ensure that the nipped ends of each part tally. Pin down if you must and then stitch starting from where you nipped.
Repeat the process for the other side and then join the ends of the back panels, stopping the opening at the back.
This will also be a nice time to close the round opening by using the left over pieces of the strand used in closing the ends of the brim. Repeat the same process used to close the ends of the brim to close the round opening.
When done, the opening at the back will look like this.
These will your adjuster
Then place ends of your cap band over it and stitch.
THEQEFFECTZ FREE 6-DAY WORKSHOP
“And it was so, when the king saw esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out Esther the golden sceptre that was in hand. So Esther dre near, and touched the top of the sceptre”- Esther 5:2
LOOKING FOR PRIVATE LESSONS ON HOW TO CUT AND SEW CLOTHES, REGISTER FOR A PRIVATE CLASS NOW! WE ALSO OFFER PRIVATE CLASSES.
To get new updates, post and ridiculous freebies/gifts delivered to your mailbox, please enter your email address in the box below to subscribe. Subscription is free!
PHONE NUMBER: 08030971467