So it’s time to go way back….#radiovoice back into time….to the very beginning… and we are going to be looking at the Triple Bs of upper garment construction. That is Basic Bodice Block.
Now as a beginner in the fashion designing world, the relevance of knowing how to perfectly construct this block can not be overemphasized. I know that somewhere, you might have been told by some well talented “tailors” that pattern-drafting is a waste of time or probably, that you don’t need the stress of drafting patterns when it comes to fashion designing. But I beg to differ. Knowing how to correctly draft an outfit first on paper will save you a whole lot of stress, plus mistakes. It will also help maximize your use of your fabric. Trust me, the importance is endless.
So let nobody fool you into believing that you do not need to know how to draft patterns or know how to draft a basic bodice block.
Well taught fashion designers understand how vital and important a basic bodice block is and how well it can be easily modified to basically anything that is worn on the upper part of the body, using any of the various methods of pattern-drafting modifications( Register for TheQEffectz E-training program to learn more about this). From a simple bodice, a basic bodice block can be modified into an A-line blouse, pleated blouse, peplum blouse, full circular blouse. etc.basically any upper body garment you can think of.
So how do we draft a basic bodice block?
Below is a sample of the step-by- step tutorial
To get the full tutorial, simply click on any of the social share buttons below and share the tutorial. Once you are done, the download link will appear. The tutorial does not only teach how to draft a basic bodice block, it also teaches how to draft this block with zip allowances.
Click here to download for free
But before I breeze out, let quickly remind you guys of how possible it is to learn how to sew from the comfort of your home. Yeah we offer professional online training services to both local and international students and unlike others, we teach you everything. We teach you how to make
- male outfits
- women outfits
- Children outfits
We have a whole team of qualified online tutors willing to take you through this journey.
So, want to learn everything sewing to fashion designing in a short period of time as well as at a very affordable price? Then sign up for our Online classes today. Registration for our August-December session is already in progress to end August 30th, 2018. See here to learn more.
See here to learn how to register.
So till next time for more juicy updates, kisses!
- How to keep records as a fashion designer/tailor/sewist (Preview/ Download)
- All About Breast-padded Bodice ( Preview/ Download)
- How to make a Breast-padded six pieces blouse- Pattern & Sewing Video tutorial (Preview/ Download)
- How to make a wrap blouse- Pattern & Sewing Video tutorial (Preview/ Download)
- How to make a Lace embroidered padded blouse(with side peplum)- Sewing and Patternmaking tutorial (Preview / Download)
- How to make a net-padded peplum blouse pattern(Pattern-making tutorial only) (Preview / Download)
- How to make a net-padded pleated blouse pattern(Pattern-making tutorial only) ( Preview / Download)
- How to make a Shawl-collar peplum jacket pattern(Pattern-making tutorial only) (Preview / Download)
- How to make a padded off-shoulder six pieces dress with fishtail (Sewing and Patternmaking tutorial) (Preview / Download)
- How to make a pencil trousers for Clients( Sewing and Pattern-making tutorial)( Preview/Download)
- All Sleeves tutorial (Sewing and Pattern-making tutorial) (Preview/ Download)
You can pay for any of our products above using Mobile Recharge cards, Bank cards or Transfer. Our Paypal payment option is available to only international customers.
International customers are therefore advised to click here to see pricing in USD
To get new updates, post and ridiculous freebies/gifts delivered to your mailbox, please enter your email address in the box below to subscribe. Subscription is free!
PHONE NUMBER: 08030971467
If you found this post to be insightful, kindly share using any of the social media icons below