ARROW Vs. IRON FIST
Hi Movie lovers!
Okay so I recently just started seeing Iron Fist on Netflix and couldn't help but notice that it shares basically almost the same plot as our arrow shooting friend, Oliver Queen. It got me wondering what Marvel is really up to. Are they running out of fresh ideas or something that they had to steal their competitor's plot?
Even though the huge difference between both characters is the fact that our Danny Rand from Iron fist doesn't shoot arrows, it still doesn't negate the fact that he is Oliver Queen without shoes. Okay maybe with a little sense of humor.
For those who do not know what I'm blabbering about or, are yet to catch up with Iron Fist, or haven't figured out the truth yet, Well as we all know, 'Arrow' is a superhero drama-action tv show produced by DC Comics, while 'Iron Fist', of similar genre was produced by Marvel Studios. Here is the trailer of Iron Fist. Perhaps you can spot the similarities before I list them out.
Spot the similarities yet?
Okay here they are:
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE ARROW AND IRON FIST
- Societal Status: Both are from wealthy and influential homes with a family business/ company.
- Family: Both are the first and only sons. However unlike Iron fist, Oliver has a step sister. So far, Iron Fist is the only child. But since the show is just starting, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Who knows, a sibling might just pop out from nowhere.
- Business: Both parents' have a company that are involved in technological advance. They both headed the company as CEOs.
- History: When younger, both encountered almost similar tragedies that led to the death of their parents. While Danny Rand and his parents crash landed somewhere and their bodies weren't found and presumed missing, Oliver and his father's boat sunk in the sea.
- Disappeared for some years: After the tradegies, both were away for some years. While Oliver was presumably stranded in an Island for five years, Oliver Rand was also stranded in an unknown deserted place for longer years.
- Martial art: Both learnt how to fight martial arts while presumably stranded. While Oliver was tutored by several tutors(chinese & korea), Danny Rand was also tutored how to fight by some chinese martial art experts
- Return: Both returned and amazed everyone with their ability to fight and took up the mantle to become vigilantes. While Oliver Queen decided to right his father's wrong by putting off criminals in his city, Danny Rand decided to become a street vigilante taking out criminals as well.
- Side kick: In season 2 of Arrow, Oliver had Sara Lance working as his side kick, who also became his lover. In Iron fist, Danny Rand also became emotional entangled with this side kick.
So I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince you, and not confuse you that Marvel is a copycat.
Lolx....And I'm out.
See my previous post: DC vs Marvel: Which do you prefer?
SEE OTHER MOVIE TRAILERS
KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT DROPPING A COMMENT
To get more Movies and Reviews delivered to your mail box, kindly enter your email address to subscribe.
Or Join Our Social Media Network
PHONE NUMBER: 08119288100
PHONE NUMBER: 08119288100